Inspired by the Great British Baking Show's Mary Berry. Her recipe is found on BBC Food...
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
pinch of salt
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Whisk eggs, milk and pinch of salt thoroughly- I used my stand mixer w/ whisk attachment. Let sit for 10 minutes
2. Add sifted flour to egg mixture, whisking very well so that there are no lumps. Let rest for 30 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 450 F. Pour app. 1/2 teaspoon vegetable into each cup of a 12-cup muffin tin and heat in oven for 5-10 minutes
4. Whisk batter for an additional 30 seconds, remove hot tin from oven and pour batter into hot oil, filling each cup about 1/3 full. (It will sizzle and start cooking immediately- so fun!)
5. Quickly return tin to oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, being careful NOT to open the oven door during the first 20 minutes.
6. Remove when puddings are puffy and a light golden brown.
7. Serve warm, OR refrigerate and reheat for 7-8 minutes, OR freeze cooled puddings and cook from frozen for 10 minutes when ready to use.